Our Wedding: Part 2 | The uber-emotional ceremony

September 15, 2009

Ahhhh…the ceremony. I have the most vivid memories from this part of the day. It was SO EMOTIONAL! Geoff and I were both shedding tears of joy pretty much the whole time. It was awesome. We had some pretty simple decorations because the location was SO beautiful. The pond, the view overlooking endless trees, green grass, wonderful weather. It ended up being overcast which was perfect. I was so afraid we’d be in direct sun. Still, I wanted to tie in our fair / carnival / summer party-bbq theme a bit so I made this bunting (banners or flagging or garlands, whatever you want to call them) to go along the aisle. We shopped for a couple months to find cool patterned fabrics in our wedding colors.

Our altar was two young trees with big yellow bows on them. Geoff and I plan on planting the trees at our new house (we just got an offer accepted on!) as a tribute to our marriage. It will be fun to watch the trees grow as we grow with each other.

Here are the four bridesmaids dresses I made. I love that its the same dress but is worn and looks completely different on each girl. Each of them were able to choose a style that suits them best.

Our little ring bearer Shae was so cute. I love his hair! I made his little ring pillow about 1 in the morning two nights before the wedding.

Our cute little flower girl Dominique only got two little petals down on the aisle. That’s ok, it’s a tough job!

Then it was my turn to walk down with my dad. It was downhill and I was wearing very high heels, so I kept tripping! Good thing my Pop was there to keep my from falling!

By the time I got close enough to see Geoff’s face everything else faded away.

One of the best decisions we made was asking our friend Neil to be our officiant. It was so nice to have someone that means something to you doing the job. I couldn’t image having a hired stranger up there with us. As a man of the theatre, I don’t have to tell you he did a great job.

Geoff and I wrote the ceremony together. As I scoured the internet for help, there were things that made me cry as I read them aloud. Those were the readings that were added! Doing all of this ourselves made the whole thing that much more meaningful.

We also wrote own vows (the night before!) to read to each other. This is where we both completely lost it. We both could barely get through our vows we were crying so much.

Then it was ring-exchanging time! Geoff gave me back my engagement ring because I chose not to get a wedding band. I slipped Geoff awesome wooden ring onto his finger. (More photos of that later!)

THE KISS!!

We were Mr. and Mrs. Bardot! We walked back down the aisle to “All you need is love” by The Beatles. It was pure magic.

I had one request from our photographer and that was to get a HUGE group photo of everyone there. So glad we did it!

This truly was the happiest I have ever been. It was incredibly amazing. I love my new husband so much and am so excited for our life together. I’ve got more weddingness on they way, come back soon!

• Share/Bookmark

Megan (Kane) Camaren posted the following on September 16, 2009 at 12:08 am.

Such a beautiful wedding. You both look stunning. Congrats on a wonderful life together!
M. Camaren

michelle posted the following on September 16, 2009 at 8:38 am.

Hi Lisa! Everything looks incredible. I come quite near to tears with every new entry, and i don’t even know you. <3

shaina posted the following on September 16, 2009 at 12:17 pm.

i honestly started crying when i saw the pictures of your new hubby’s face as he watched you walk down the isle toward him.
powerful pictures.
truly a treasure.

marta posted the following on September 21, 2009 at 12:48 am.

oh my goodness this is a beautiful wedding and you are a beautiful bride, i love all the smiling sparkling shots and that husband to be shot is amazing. oh what a happy day. thank you for sharing. and congrats!

jociandi posted the following on September 21, 2009 at 3:15 pm.

OMG, how cute you are!!!! I wish you all the best!!

Hugs from Hungary.

MagnoliaRouge posted the following on September 21, 2009 at 7:38 pm.

I just stumbled across your website and blog – beautiful beautiful photos. I love all the colour and what a fantastic setting. You did such a great job with everything! The emotion on your faces is truly priceless. Congrats!

Rebecca posted the following on September 22, 2009 at 1:53 am.

I just found you through 100 layer cake, your wedding is beautiful! the vintagey light in the photo perfectly suits your colours, the whole thing is just gorgeous! I may have to have a go at your veil too. I hope you have a wonderful life together.

Michelle T. posted the following on September 23, 2009 at 1:53 pm.

Oh MY! your wedding makes me want to get married all over again, and have a wedding just like this. Where did you get married ? I can tell it is in Apple hill but can not place the farm… simply stunning.

--> LisaWelge posted the following on September 23, 2009 at 9:52 pm.

Thank you! It was High Hill Ranch, our FAVORITE place to go for caramel apples and apple pie!

Kristen posted the following on September 29, 2009 at 10:10 am.

Lisa,

Looking at your memories brings me to tears. What a magical day. I love all the DIY projects… you’re such an inspiration! I’ll be getting in touch with you more as my wedding date gets closer!

My best,

Kristen

Wendy Thomas posted the following on October 1, 2009 at 11:06 am.

Who did your makeup pretty lady? I want that same person doing mine.

--> LisaWelge posted the following on October 1, 2009 at 4:42 pm.

I’d love for that to happen but then I wont be able to take photos of you getting you makeup done! He he, I did my own makeup on my wedding day. The nice girls at the Benefit counter gave me some pointers. :)

Pingback from Libby’s Favorite Weddings of 2009 «

[...] August by Sarah Marens via Lisa Welge [...]

Whitney posted the following on March 27, 2010 at 1:44 am.

Beautiful! I’m getting married May 15th at an outdoor wedding and looking at your pictures has given me some ideas (and makes me wish I had picked a few things different). But congrats on your wedding! You two looked amazing and happy!