Our Wedding: invitations and cake toppers!

August 6, 2009

Now that, for the most part, our guests have received them, its finally safe to blog about our wedding invitations. This invitation suite was designed by me (why yes, I DO also do wedding invitation design! Check out the design gallery on the portfolio site and click here for more info). Our wedding will have kind of a carnival/circus/county fair/summer barbeque theme and I want to reflect that in the invitations. Also Geoff and I are pretty untraditional so loopy script typefaces were thrown out the window. I’m really happy with the outcome of the design.

With the business Geoff and I run together, elephants hold a soft spot in our hearts now. Plus they go along great with our theme!

Next up, our elephant cake toppers! I LOVE these! They are handmade by the amazing Hilary, the artist/craftslady behind Bunny with a Toolbelt. Check out her Etsy shop here, she makes the most adorable wooden sculptures. Well, when I saw these I knew they would be perfect!

Two weeks to go, people. Geoff and I are so excited! We have lots of little projects to finish up and so many more little details to share! Excitement!

• Share/Bookmark

Stacy posted the following on August 6, 2009 at 4:06 pm.

I love your cake toppers. I hope you hang your wedding bands on the trunks for an awesome photo op.

Holly posted the following on August 6, 2009 at 4:18 pm.

I don’t think your invitations could be any more amazing. I love them.

--> LisaWelge posted the following on August 6, 2009 at 5:37 pm.

Stacy, what a great idea! I hadn’t thought of that. Take note Sarah! :)

Wendy Thomas posted the following on August 6, 2009 at 6:07 pm.

I love the toppers!! SO CUTE! Ohmygod so cute. Okay, one last time ‘SOO CUTE!’

Lacey posted the following on August 7, 2009 at 10:38 am.

Your cake toppers are soooooooo cute! I love Etsy. And I meant to mention earlier…. but your invitations are seriously amazing! See you guys soon!

Renee posted the following on August 7, 2009 at 11:48 am.

Both the invitations and cake toppers are ADORABLE! Where did you get your invitations printed? I’ve been looking for a good print shop.

Lyndsay Lewis posted the following on August 7, 2009 at 6:53 pm.

I love all of this! Your cake toppers made my heart skip a beat – too cute for words. And lucky me, I got to see the invites in person a while back. So talented you are miss lisa. I so wish I knew you a couple of years ago to design my paper goods for my wedding! So happy for you two – enjoy these last couple of weeks of planning!

Bettsi posted the following on August 7, 2009 at 11:01 pm.

Oh wow! You are so talented! I just clicked over from the infinity dress thread on craftster. I love your wedding theme and your photography. I’m in Citrus Heights- we’re neighbors! Best wishes to you and your lucky beau!

elise posted the following on August 8, 2009 at 7:40 pm.

in love with the elephant toppers. i wasn’t having toppers. but maybe something like those?

jenniferL posted the following on September 3, 2009 at 8:29 pm.

i love the fun, creative design of your invitations!

Donnala posted the following on March 12, 2010 at 12:57 pm.

I would like to buy these, for our wedding cake, can you email me with details of purchasing these please! xx

--> LisaWelge posted the following on March 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm.

Donnala–We got the cake toppers from Bunny with a Toolbelt on Etsy.com. Check her out! She has so many amazing sculptures and cake toppers